Smart playlists are great for qeueueing up your podcasts in iTunes.
You can construct smart playlists with multiple conditions. Unfortunately, you can only choose to 'Match all of the following conditions' or 'Match any of the following conditions' in one playlist.
Here's how you combine any and all conditions (OR & AND)
Say you want to create a smart playlist that takes songs from several other playlists and that haven't been played before and have been added in the last 4 days. To put this in a pseudo code notation:
('Podcast playlist A' OR 'Podcast playlist B' OR 'Podcast playlist C')
AND ('Play count' = 0 AND 'Date added' = 'in the last 4 days')
To acomplish this in iTunes, the trick is to use 2 smart playlists!
1. Create a smart playlist with all the OR's called 'PodcastsAll':
- In the Smart Playlist settings, add a line 'Playlist is Podcast playlist A'.
- Add a line 'Playlist is Podcast playlist B'.
- Add a line 'Playlist is Podcast playlist C'.
- Select 'Match any of the following conditions:'
Example for PodcastsAll playlist:
2. Create a smart playlist with the AND's called '2PlayPodcasts' (or whatever you want):
- In the Smart Playlist settings, add a line 'Playlist is PodcastsAll'. (Created in step 1.)
- Add a line 'Play Count is 0'
- Add a line 'Date Added is in the last 4 days'
- Select 'Match all of the following conditions:'
Example for 2PlayPodcasts playlist:
The playlist 2PlayPodcasts contains the items that you want. The PodcastsAll playlist is a step in between.